"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, March 21, 2015

TWO BABY QUILTS READY TO GO

I have finished quilts for my nephew's second and third daughters, and they are going off to be long-arm quilted this week.  

I was hoping to get different backing fabrics for each quilt, but as you'll see in the photos below, a fabric jumped out at me at the fabric shop and I just had to use it for both.  It is perfect.  

These quilts and the batik quilt for Paul will be quilted within the next week or so.  While they are off at the quilter I will sew the binding strips and then have a whole lot of hand sewing to be done.  I enjoy that, the hand sewing of a binding, it's such a peaceful, rhythmic task.  

Also, I will be working at packing my sewing room for our move to the lake house, which may end up being a permanent move.  We will be deciding as we go along, but life on the lake and at our condominium in Lincoln, NH, may be the retired life for us.  

It's an exciting time, this opportunity to live on a lake and in the mountains.  Especially attractive to me is the simplification that will go along with moving to these smaller spaces.  I love downsizing, and have no difficulty letting it all go, keeping just what we need, along with those items which hold strong family memories.  Everything else is outta here.  

2 comments:

  1. Same here Angels, just the necessities keep me happy. I'm even ready to let go of the Internet. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, almost forgot. The two quilts are STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.