"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, March 28, 2015

DID IT AGAIN

Yesterday I had the third visit to the OR for my knee replacement. Third time is a charm, my sister has told me. I believe her. 

The surgeon removed all kinds of junk that was causing pain and inhibiting a good bend.  I wonder if he removed enough junk to help me lose some of my winter weight?  That'd be nice. 

I have an Ace bandage from thigh to ankle and instructions to elevate, ice and take drugs for the weekend, with simple PT movements every hour. On Monday we can remove the bandage and see what I've got, and then go off to the PT center for many days of work. 

If all of this work leads to a better bend and less pain, I will be one happy lady. If the knee remains the same, I will practice acceptance and just be done and move on and be happy that I was brave enough to try. And I'll be grateful for my family for supporting my decision to go back in. 

As usual, Misty is helping me to recover. 

2 comments:

  1. So glad this is over for you, Angela, and I bet this will do the trick. In the meantime, enjoy relaxing with those good drugs, they can be a blessing. Along with Misty, what could be better right now? Enjoyed seeing your house photos, indeed get that plow guy to find another deposit location!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope third time's a charm for you! In the meantime, R&R with Misty on your lap.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.