"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

HERE IS WHAT I AM DOING

Finished the center portion of a batik quilt I am making for Paul. Now to design and add borders to get it to be queen sized.  

Doing the hand stitching of the binding on the Green Paw. I put pencil marks on my thumb, a scant 1/4 inch apart, to guide my stitches. 
Knitting a super soft lap afghan. 
Making great progress on Paper Chains cross stitch. 



Make a xmas table runner for a fund raiser. Moda fabrics FaLaLa collection. 


Taking care of a pack of animals that just seems to keep growing--top photo is Misty, Reesie and Poppy enjoying the fresh fall breezes and then there's Dave with Lila (Anna's california puppy), Bella and Cassy, heading out for a walk. 
I'm just one puppy short of a nervous breakdown.  Lila loves our pond. How nice. Get wet and then run on the dirt path she has built between the day lilies and fence. Lovely. 
Most important is how much I am enjoying having Anna back on the east coast, pictured here with Dave and her cousin and road trip partner, Kevin. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- you've been busy! Love the quilt & also the chevron blanket -- both are gorgeous. And of course all of your animals & peeps & your new pix with your spikey 'do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been one busy Lady! I hope you had a wonderful summer at your lake house. We will be closing up the camper for the winter in 2 weeks. Maybe my house will get cleaned then lol.
    Hugs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.