"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, June 7, 2014

SEWING AT THE LAKE

Here at the lake house I've struggled to find a way to set up my sewing world, trying to make it all work in our spare bedroom.  It never worked.  Today I decided to use the empty floor space in the great room, an area behind one of our couches, which is angled out into the room.  

It works and what a view to sew by!  This year I indulged in a Pfaff Expression 2.0 and a Gidget II table.  I love them both and I do believe that at home I will rid myself of the gigantic sewing table that takes up too much room and drag the Gidget II home with me at the end of lake season.  I am waiting for the custom sewing machine insert to the table to be delivered.  My cutting table here is an old drafting table bought at a thrift shop for $10.  Perfect!  

I am all set for rainy day sewing, and also hot day sewing.  With MS, I am adversely affected by anything over 80 degrees, and so am often forced to spend time in the air conditioning during these humid summers in New England.  So, I am darn lucky to have central a/c and the perfect sewing corner.  


2 comments:

  1. Lucky you that is just a perfect place to stitch! Enjoy my friend!
    Hugs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.