"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, June 12, 2014

MONKEYING AROUND

It's delightfully peaceful on the lake, and the weather a bit cool.... This is all perfect to me. I have been able to get out and around the lake using my mahogany row boat with it's electric motor. During a recent trip out I found a pair of loons fishing for their evening dinner and sat a distance away observing their beauty and grace for a good long time. 

When I'm not in or on the lake there's lots of sewing and knitting to be done. This week I completed a sock monkey and bag as a birthday gift for someone special. I'd forgotten how fussy a job it is to make a sock monkey, it's been a while since I made one. I really went to town on this one with her pinafore and headband. 


2 comments:

  1. Angela, I love your sock monkey, knitted, right? I can't imagine! I've made a couple but out of socks already made. Yours is magical, love the lips! Also the pinafore and headband are the finishing touches. Cool here too, but that doesn't keep either of us from enjoying the water and wildlife. I was captivated by a white egret along the marsh shoreline this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, Thank you for the compliments! This sock monkey is made out of a sock, it is a fussy job with all the parts to sew on and the running of the stitches in the sock as it's cut. I add those extra touches on the face and also the clothing to draw my eyes away from the parts that I see as wonky! Great you got to see an egret up close! I have seen many from a good distance, but never got very close to one. Enjoy!

      Delete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.