"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, June 7, 2014

KNITTING

I have just started to read the book "Yarn Harlot" by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.  In her Introduction I found a phrase that so perfectly matches my philosophy of knitting and needle crafts, I must share it: 

Knitting is magic.  Knitting is an act of creation and simple transformation each and every time.  Each gift holds hours of my life…… It is all those hours when I chose to spend time warming another person.  It's giving them my time--time that I could have spent on anything, or anyone, else.  Knitting is love, looped and warm.  

My latest finish is a Hitchhiker Scarf, made with fabulous hand dyed Wollmeise 100% Merino Super Wash sock yarn, glorious to work with.  

This is looped and warm and knitted with love, for dear daughter Anna.  

I had to invade Poppy's afternoon nap spot.  She is lying on a quilt made by my mother in law and
hand quilted by the Amish in the area of Pennsylvania where she lived.

Obviously Poppy didn't mind that I was using her space for my photos.  It wasn't easy to get the scarf
away from her once she planted her adorable self on it.  

3 comments:

  1. Thought I commented, but I guess not. Anna is a lucky girl, Angela. This is so beautiful, and your love for her comes through in your words and action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely scarf, and Poppy is modeling it very nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.