"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, June 7, 2014

KEDS ON THE LAKE

Summer at the lake means Keds on my feet, which are finally warm after the long winter.  Keds and no socks = summer and comfort to me.  

This morning's first boat ride of the summer looked this this:

And like this:
The Knee Project as it looks now.  Have to keep the scar covered with sunscreen stick, and although It takes a bit of getting used to the sight of it, it's a part of me now.  I really hate my new knee, although it's only be 7 months since it was installed and "they" urge patience for a year.  It hurts and is stiff and doesn't bend far enough for my taste.  Well, it is what it is and I'll get used to it.  I may have formed a Baker's Cyst behind my knee, and that may be a cause of some of this lingering pain.  Will figure that out at the end of June, when I get to see the surgeon again.  Until then, it's just carry on as is.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the first boat ride of the year... !! I stayed home this weekend....raining AGAIN....cold and windy. Ugh. So......I can stay home and get more done here. LOVE you new sewing room at the lake... Now I have to share my sewing area with hubby and his painting......He likes to paint when he is at the cabin. He went to the lake this morning.
    Have a wonderful time !

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.