"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, May 22, 2014

THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE....

I let it shine, where ever I may be. It comes on at dusk and turns off at dawn. It shines so that those who were taken before me can find me if they want to. Here on the lake, I am sure this light has led my Dad and Mom to me, as well as the Reverend George H. Tooze, a great outdoorsman and blessing in my life for many years.

I hear their voices and remember their faces every time the loons call to me. I hear my Dad's soft "shhh, listen," I see my Mom's face turn to the lake, her eyes softly closed, and I hear George remark "of course there is a God somewhere, that is the only way to explain such beauty."



1 comment:

  1. So lovely, and also inspirational. Feeling the presence of those who have gone before us keeps them with us.,I can feel this blog morphing...

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.