"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

HITCHHIKER SCARF

I have been plodding along on my sewing and needle crafts, but certainly haven't posted anything for quite a while.  Sometimes life gets in the way of my hobbies.  

I knit and have worn this beautiful scarf, called "Hitchhiker."  The pattern is available on Ravelry.  


Oh my do I love this scarf!!  I knit it using a Wollmeise sock yarn, hand-dyed, difficult to find, expensive and I'd say worth every penny.  This yarn is fabulous to work with, it has just the right texture, stretch, and softness.  I loved this color way, as I rarely wear blue tones, but this had enough of "my" earth tones mixed in to make it work for me.  And, I didn't plan it, but like how my whimsical heart necklace peeks out from under the scarf.  

It's such a privilege to be able to afford such a luxury once in a while.  

1 comment:

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.