"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

CALIFORNIA


David, Paul and I recently travelled to Ventura, California, to visit with our dear Anna and her boyfriend Ryan.  Also, Ryan's parents came to town and we all had a wonderful time together.   We toured a bit, ate a lot, and laughed a whole lot.  It was a great time, and although I found it hard to fly away from Anna at the end of the trip, I am comforted by the knowledge that she is happy and loved and living in paradise.  

Ventura, north of LA, is so breathtakingly beautiful.  I had not been there before (Anna recently moved there from Orange County) and was completely taken by the colors and by the unexpected surprise of an actual fabulous down town, not a common feature in most California cities.  

We stayed at the Crowne Point hotel on the beach in Ventura.  It was so beautiful, and perfectly situated for me to have easy access to the outdoors and the Pacific Ocean.  
The view from our deck.  

The opposite view from our deck… Paul!
The grounds between the hotel and the beach were so perfect.

Anna and Ryan at a park adjacent to their apartment complex
Look at that view behind them!
4 Mourers in one place, it doesn't happen often enough.  
On Anna and Ryan's deck.  It was a bit foggy this day, but on clear days
the view is like the one pictured above at the park.  

Ryan is very talented on the acoustical guitar and treated us to some of his music.

I had to throw this photo in.  It's posted on pools throughout California.
I am still left wondering….. how do they check patrons of the pool
for evidence of recent intestinal events?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful place to live! So glad you all got to spend some time together. I love it when the 4 of us manage to get together. Looks like you are doing better and better (you skinny thing you!). Happy to see that you are getting around and I am looking forward to Lake pictures!!
    Love & Hugs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it, I'm moving. And an Egg Chair?? Oh my! -- Glad you had such a nice time. Welcome back to winter, I mean Spring-that-feels-like-Winter. Did you make the white sweater? It's pretty, and you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.