"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

THE PAW, QUILTED

The Green Paw…. made using a picture of a quilt on the web, no pattern available.  My quilting teacher/mentor Rhonda Galpern built the pattern and guided me through the process.  I could NOT have done this without her guidance and encouragement.  
It is huge.  Really huge.  All I'm thinking of now is the machine sewing portion
of the binding strip.  I think I'll have to drag my sewing machine to the dining
table to have maneuvering space.  


Quilter Julie Crossland chose the design for the quilting.
It is perfect.  


Someone asked me if I had counted the number of points
I made for this quilt.  No, I did not.  I may be nuts, but I
am not that nuts…. yet.  

That's Cassy's foot in the upper right hand corner.  Sure, tromp on
my quilt the first time I spread it out on the bed.   


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it's so beautiful Angela, and your quilter friend did a wonderful job on the quilting. It's just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Louise, it's stunning! The quilting is exquisite, just right for this design. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.