"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, February 17, 2014

THE KNEE PROJECT----PROGRESS!!!

Well, finally there's good news and pictures to show of what we now call "The Knee Project."

This was an atypical knee replacement story because I have MS that caused complications none of the top docs I went to anticipated.  Shame on them.  They made my life a living he#$ since the November 20 surgery.  I went to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, in case ya wanna know.  During both of my stays there, great attempts were made to kill me.  Huh,   fooled them, I got out alive.  If you are going for a joint replacement in Boston, go to New England Baptist.  

So, last week I achieved the set goal for "my bend," a disappointing 110 degrees (I always want more!) but there was too much damage and now too much metal to go much further.  I may with time get to 115.  No more curling up like a pretzel, which at 5 feet tall is what you have to do to sit on most couches, cuz they aren't built for shorties like me. 


Not pretty, but bending!  Here it is, crossed over my left leg, man that feels good. 

The bend!  From this angle it looks pretty good.  


I don't know whether to get a longer swim skirt or just show this baby off
while at the lake.  One thing I know for sure, it'll have a good layer
of zinc oxide for sun protection all summer.  When I look down
at my leg the incision doesn't look so wicked…
in pictures the real story
is told.  It's a big one.  

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend I am so sorry that it has been such a hard road but I am glad that the end is in sight. You show that baby off! It is just an outer sign for all to know what a tough cookie you are!!
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. show it off!! it's part of the map of your life. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.