"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, February 3, 2014

ONE LUCKY CAT

We are having ourselves one cold and snowy New England winter, which is exactly how it should be.  I love winter!  

To warm our great room, we have a pellet stove, and it sure does the trick.  Right now it's about 1000 degrees in here, the pellet stove is cranking.  I could go over and shut it down, but there's someone who would be disappointed by that.  
Miss Poppy, rescued from the streets of Orange County California when she was around 4 weeks old, fostered by our daughter, and flown here by us.  She will lay in front of that stove in a heat coma, happy as can be, so very content.  I'll sit here and get into my own drowsy state before turning the stove off, I just can't bear to deprive Poppy of her favorite thing.  I am a lunatic when it comes to the comforts of these creatures of ours.  

1 comment:

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.