My last finish was the Green Paw, pictured earlier. I made that quilt without a pattern, and with the help of my quilting teacher/mentor, Rhonda. We worked off a picture of a quilt I had come across on the web. No pattern or hints of any kind. It was quite a task.
Now I've started a batik quilt for our son Paul, and it has a clear, concise pattern and the fabrics were already chosen by the author of the pattern. I'm loving this process, that someone else did all the brain work, I just have to do the cutting and sewing.
I've got the first section on the wall, and can see this is going to be a fun quilt to work on and will be fabulous when completed.