"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, February 3, 2014

A SNEAK PEEK

I have been working some in the sewing room, it feels so good to be getting back to things bit by bit.  

My last finish was the Green Paw, pictured earlier.  I made that quilt without a pattern, and with the help of my quilting teacher/mentor, Rhonda.  We worked off a picture of a quilt I had come across on the web.  No pattern or hints of any kind.  It was quite a task.  

Now I've started a batik quilt for our son Paul, and it has a clear, concise pattern and the fabrics were already chosen by the author of the pattern.  I'm loving this process, that someone else did all the brain work, I just have to do the cutting and sewing.  

I've got the first section on the wall, and can see this is going to be a fun quilt to work on and will be fabulous when completed.  




2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this, and such bright happy colors. It makes me think of warm spring breezes!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.