"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, February 3, 2014

A LOVELY GIFT

Back in November I got a lovely gift from my friend Sue.  She crocheted for me a lovely burgundy shawl, to wrap myself in as I faced my knee replacement and the cold New England winter.  

Sue is a phenomenal crochet and quilt queen, hop over to her blog to see her lovely work.  

I have wrapped myself in this shawl hundreds of times over the last few months, it has kept me warm and comforted.  Tonight as I went to get a picture of this shawl, I found it where I had left it on the couch, after using it to keep myself cozy while icing my knee (icing one's knee on a snowy New England day just seems all wrong).  When ever I leave this lovely shawl on the couch, there's another lady in the house who seems to think it is hers.  It is not, it is MINE!  And, lucky me:

Misty on the shawl that Sue made for ME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.