"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A BEACHY QUILT FOR ANNA

Today I got a couple of quilts back from "my" quilter, Julie Crossland, and I could not be happier!  

First, a quilt I made for Anna, using toss away men's striped shirts, ones that a local thrift shop had found not good enough for the racks.  They would have gone into a bin that the shop sells to a rag company.  Instead, I donated a bit for each, and here's what came of that:


The binding will be of the blue/white striped shirt fabric.  

I had Julie do a nice simple Chevron all over,
and got exactly the look I wanted.  

Cassy declared it dog worthy.  

I name most of my quilts, usually after songs
that fit the person and the quilt.  

And this is what my labels look like.
I have them quilted on, so that they
can never be switched out, just in case I'm
famous someday.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I thought you were already famous! Well at least among quilting friends...and furry friends who like quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.