"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, December 6, 2013

TODAY'S VIEW

Oh, how I wish Today's View was of the lake.  It is not.  You probably won't see a view of the lake or of a quilt until April or so.  Sigh.  I look forward to the spring so much, as we have peepers on the lake, and that is another song from my childhood that fills me with joy as an adult.  Spring peepers.  

Nope, today's view is:
A filleted knee.  I think it looks a bit better, don't you?  LOL.  Better is certainly a relative term. This is at about two weeks post-op and is for educational purposes only!  I am not a doctor nor do I play one on my Blog.  If you are going to have a knee replacement, you can take heart in the fact that your incision will not be this big, nor will it be this shape.  The surgery that I had on my knee 40 years ago made this surgery a bit different than your average Total Knee Replacement.  

My sister Christine is having a TKR (her second) next Tuesday.  She is a brave soldier and I am sure will get through this with little fanfare or noise.  That's who and how she is.  She had her first TKR 7 years ago.  

3 comments:

  1. Definitely looks a lot better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel for you...my MIL had both her knees replaced....I forget how long in between. But I think I would dread it even worse the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Dear Roses!!! It does look better and better. Dave told me he thinks is starting to look like a knee…. he's so charitable. And Rose, I have great respect for anyone who would go in and do this again. I am lucky, my left knee is good as gold.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.