"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, December 8, 2013

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

Life goes on here, hmmm, the world didn't stop for me to heal.  Today I showered carefully on my own, yippee!  Since I've been using a shower chair for years due to MS, we had the proper technology on hand.  

And, this afternoon during football, that fluffy remains

Except she has again changed locations AND she has put on her sweater against the raw New England rain.  She's helping me out by displaying my post-surgery knitting project.  I have been concentrating on very simple projects, and after making about 50 of them, I tired of dish cloths.  So, I moved onto a scarf.  Easy pattern… in spite of that I find myself ripping out way too much, as my mind wanders to my knee instead of to the task at hand.  

Time and ice are my allies now, and they are working well enough.  I hate to wish away time…. but sometimes we each do, and right now I am wishing it was two weeks from now.  

3 comments:

  1. My friend and I often talk about how we are always wishing time away...always wanting to get past this or that hurdle. I guess it is human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when severe pain is involved...I have no problem wishing time away so I can get to the other side and enjoy life in a pain free way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have MS too. Praying your knee heals quickly and the pain subsides. I just had my pain pump replaced and that required surgery. I just got told I could shower without covering my insicion. I do a lot of cross stitch and that helps me a lot

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.