"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, December 15, 2013

3.5 WEEKS

Well here I am 3.5 weeks out and just thinking of the pain of all of this makes me want to puke.  I'm just gonna tell you if you wrecked your knee when you were 17 and when you are 40 they tell you it's time to replace it, Do It. Do not wait until you are 58 and perhaps are dealing with another one of life's curve balls, like MS.  Just sayin. Should be obvious. I was still having too darn much fun with my knee in my 40s to bother. 

PT is an interesting form of torture, the government should really try it out on people they want to get info out of.   I am getting out a bit, got a haircut and went to rite aid woo hoo. Doing PT homework. I vacuumed today. Knitting, x stitch. I might make the bed tomorrow. Walking with a walker still, so afraid of falling. Walked with a cane for a bit, it feels scary. I'm losing more weight because food repulses me, figure that out.  I'm living on small meals, as much protein as I can stand, and fudgsicles.  I'm getting by and soon our young peeps will be here for Xmas. 

I figure this will all be done by the time I get back to the lake in April. That's what keeping me going. That and dear Dave's constant care. 

An observant blogging visitor asked why my incision is not straight up the middle, as they typically are in TKR.  It's cuz I just have to be different.  No, seriously it's is because I had some pretty fierce scars on my knee from the first surgery, on either side of my knee cap, the largest one on the interior side.  If they had sewn straight up the middle there was no knowing what those old scars on the sides would do.  So, they had a plastic surgeon in the OR who removed the scar tissue on the inside of my knee so they could incise and stitch there on fresh ground.  There was so much more I wanted that plastic surgeon to do, but I woke up without a tummy tuck, so I guess there wasn't time.  Since I'll never go near an OR again, I missed my chance.  





4 comments:

  1. Looks like it is healing well. hang in there pal! The Lake House is calling!!!! Have a blessed and merry Christmas, enjoy your family and may 2014 be a better year!!
    Hugs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really good too -- no swelling, or so it seems. You're doing great on so many levels! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really don't look too bad, but that is not saying I am up for the operation myself! Hang in there, things will eventually get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your update, Angela. The photo is looking good! Comparing it to your first photo has to make you feel good. Your attitude is wonderful, hold onto that. You will make it!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.