"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, September 22, 2013

OH BOY

Here we go!  On Wednesday this scarred and badly beaten knee will be totally replaced. I have squeezed everything I can out of it, so time to get a new one to beat up.  

 It is kind of fun when one of the many healthcare workers involved asks me "how long have you had pain in this knee?" And I answer "since1973" and then I just smile at them. It was in 1973 that the cartilage was removed from my knee after an exhilarating toboggan ride that ended in a bit of a crash. In spite of that, I have had a great 40 years of an active life without that cartilage. Now it has to be replaced, there is no choice.  

I have my game face on and am saying "bring it on" but ya know that this is really going to cramp my style for a bit.  


3 comments:

  1. A very little bit, I'm sure! Not much keeps you down for long, Angela. I love that about you. You are an inspiration! Thinking of you this week, especially Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck my friend I know you will be up and going in no time!! Sending many hugs and prayers for a quick recovery!! Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending healing prayers for you and prayers for your doctors and health care workers!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.