"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

OH BOY PART TWO

Well, friends, tonight my right knee looks the same as it does in the photo below.  I got bounced out of the surgery this morning!  A bunch of young pups with brand new white coats (it's a teaching hospital) decided the sniffles I have left over from a cold last week were too serious to allow me to go in... To a surgery that doesn't require general anesthesia and which is a merger 1.5-2 hours long. 

Well, I guess they have to learn somewhere somehow.  I hope that today they learned something this morning by watching a 57 year old patient with MS fall apart before their very eyes.  At the very least, I truly hope they have learned to call a social worker when something like this occurs. 

There is an invitation to take another run at this on October 10 and as soon as my headache and fatigue subsides and the swelling in my eyes go down, I shall address that. The surgeon I am with is the cream of the crop and I am lucky to have him invite me to a private party on October 10, which is not a usual surgical day for him.  

I am wicked tired. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Angela I am so sorry. I know that there is nothing I can say to make you feel better. I am glad you don't have to wait to long to get back in there and get your knee fixed. Please take care of your self, rest, get over your sniffles and avoid all germs LOL til you go again! Hang in there honey!!!
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto everything Rose said so well. I know your resilience will win out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can think - God wanted you to wait. Go with it and know that Oct 10th will be here before you know it. You'll do well and then it's gonna be time to go dancing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.