"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, June 1, 2013

THE LAKE HOUSE

Well, it has been a phenomenal amount of work to make this lake house our own.  It's involved a team of Dave and I, sister Chris and hubby Mike, and their dear son Derek and lovely daughter Caryl.  But, I think we're just about ready to do nothing but swim, boat, eat, enjoy the serenades of the loons, and rest well every night.  

Sadly, I did not go up this weekend, as the air conditioning is not in place and I just don't go anywhere without air conditioning once the temperature is above 75.  The heat is crippling to a lot of MS peeps, and that includes me.  

So, Dave went up and joined forces with Michael and Derek while Christine fed them and hosted her joyful grandsons and daughter in law for the day.  Today's mission was to put in the docks (a pile of stuff with no directions and not enough hardware) and also to place the new float.  Those guys worked very hard all day and they got it done.  

Here's the shots of the house with the docks and a new float in place.  
Our slice of heaven now with the dock and brand new float in place.  
And, here's where I say "Are you kidding me, this is ours?"  Cannonball!

We are truly blessed, words escape me.  I know our parents are looking down on us and smiling.  They raised each of us to love the outdoors and to work hard, provided us with a good moral base, and gave us the gift of education.  And, with all of that, we have made a dream come true.  



2 comments:

  1. I am so very happy for you the house a view are just beautiful! It truly is a dream house. When is the AC going in so you can enjoy it too???? Hope its soon.
    Enjoy
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. A slice of heaven, indeed! Have you stopped pinching yourself yet? Lol

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.