"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

VAMPIRESTAT.COM?????

Fellow Bloggers---I have a burning question.  Every once in a while I take a look at my stats and referring sites just for fun.  

I'm getting a lot of traffic from referring site Vampirestat.com.  I visited the site and I have no idea what it is.  I'm also getting visits from another site which I will not list because when I went there I saw things I don't want to see.  What is this?

It seems to me that this has been happening since I joined Bloglovin or joined Google+?  Can I undo Google+?

I'm afraid to unjoin anything, afraid that my blog will disappear.  

Update:  I decided that all these weird referrals started when I joined Google+, so I unjoined and apparently I'm still here.  I don't even know what Google+ is anyhow.  LOL.  

5 comments:

  1. I get them too and I'v not joined Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get some too, and I am not part of Bloglovin or Google plus. I'm not sure, maybe those sites are trying to get traffic to their pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ek, don't delete your google account! That is how I lost my blog awhile back. It just proofed! Blogger is google dependent, I guess. Don't go away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, read down own this page. Bottom line, not much to be done about it. I just ignore it.
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/777879-vampirestat-how-block-them-keep-them-hitting-blog-daily.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, can you disable the thing for commenting that requires duplicating the words? Sometimes I can't comment. Argh....

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.