"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, May 19, 2013

THE CANADIAN ROCKIES

Our traveling man, Paul, has checked in with a photo from the Canadian Rockies.  The group made it to Banff safely, where they will hike and climb for a few days before moving on to other adventures.  They are on the road until June 12, and so have many sights to see.  
Paul reported that the Canadian Rockies are way too beautiful and the colors of the bodies of water are crazy.  I look forward to more photos!  Arm chair travel is not as much fun as the real thing, but is pretty darn good.  

What Paul said about the Rockies and the water touched a chord in my traveling heart, the part of me that knows that the statement "you've seen one, you've seen them all" is very false.  I believe that Paul has now seen the Rockies from one end to the other, South to North.  That he recognizes and appreciates the variations on the same theme causes me to say "Yes! He's got it!"

You've never seen them all, and you never will.  But, if you keep your mind open and your feet moving, you will see a lot of them.  And, as you absorb each variation on the same theme, the beauty and splendor of each, you will learn more than any book could ever teach you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.