"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

THE VIEW AT THE LAKE


On Sunday Dave and I stopped by the lake house so we could remind ourselves that winter in New England will eventually come to a close, and that we do have a lake house to move into.  Here's the view on Sunday:
The ice is still over a foot thick, and ice fishing is still going on.  Once the ice is out, and before they raise the lake level for summer, (dam controlled) we hope to get at our swimming area to chuck rocks for an afternoon.  That'll be tricky timing, and if it doesn't get done, then I'm guessing we are going to swim anyway.  

2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that there was no ice on the lake a year ago this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your excitement and impatience! at I remember about living near a north Jersey lake year round was the sound middle of the night that the ice made, a cracking sound. I loved that!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.