"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

HOME MADE DISH CLOTHS

Last year I spotted a baby blanket that Barbara at Pinelands Treasures was working on.  I asked her about it and she told me it was knit from the same basic pattern that she uses to knit cotton dish cloths.  I was familiar with that pattern, but had never thought to use it for anything aside from a dish or face cloth.  So, I knit up a baby blanket using the same pattern:


It is such an easy pattern, and so is good to take along when traveling, and so that was last summer's traveling project.  

Recently they had the Lily Sugar and Cream 100% cotton yarn on sale and I bought a bunch to knit up some dish cloths:
These are so very simple to make, and are wonderful to use.  You'll never want another dish or face cloth.  This summer my supply of cotton yarn and set of needles will be my travel project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.