"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, March 21, 2013

LOVE THESE!

Finally I have gotten a couple of fantastic items made by the amazing Barbara of PinelandsTreasures.  One of my favorite parts of blogging are the friends I have made, and Barbara is one I got to meet one fine day a couple of years back.  

I have gotten one of Barbara's Spirit Dolls watching over me now.  I have taken to carrying her to what ever room I may be in, and at night she watches me sleep.  There's just something about this Doll that makes me feel so good.  She is infused with great spirit and adorned with lovely charms and crystals.  She is the Happy Homemaker Spirit Doll:

I love her
Barbara is uniquely creative, and I'm not sure the words "recipe" "pattern" "rules" or "directions" ever apply to her life.  She has freed her mind to do as it may, and the results are so much fun.  I am fascinated with her felting, a knitting skill I have never tried but envy.  Here is my felted vessel from Barbara's needles.  I keep inspecting it ever so closely to understand how it works.  I will be giving this as a gift to someone very dear to me, and until then I am enjoying it myself. 

Top
Bottom

2 comments:

  1. I love that felted vessel; felting fascinates me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Angela, there is no one I would rather have the things I've made. You have touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.