"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, February 18, 2013

WALK MS!!!

Every year, all over the country, there are crowds of people who walk for me.  Why?  They are walking for those of us who cannot.  They are raising valuable funds for The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, an organization that works diligently to improve the lives of those afflicted with MS.  They provide an endless variety of assistance to individuals and also provide valuable funds for research, so that some day there will be a world without MS.  

My daughter Anna will be taking part in the University of California in Irvine MS Walk this year, along with her co-workers from Clark Construction.  I am so proud of Anna's giving heart, and her compassion towards those with MS.  

On her personal page Anna states:  


My mother and my cousin both have MS.  I walk because I can - and it's something that many of us take for granted.  Every hour of every day, someone is diagnosed with MS.  That's why I registered for the Walk MS event.  Walk MS is a day that connects friends, families and co-workers.  Each step we take brings us closer to a world free of MS.  

If you haven't sponsored anyone yet for this year's MS walks, perhaps you can sponsor Anna.  Donations do not have to be grand, you know that every single dollar counts.  

You can visit Anna's personal page here.

DREAM OF A WORLD WITHOUT MS, 
I DO 

2 comments:

  1. I also have MS as does my biological mother and an aunt. I would love for MS to be eradicated! Please get involved if you can and walk for a cure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in, Angela. God bless, Anna too.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.