"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, February 9, 2013

NEMO, REALLY!

The weathermen and women are now so bored with their occupations they have the time to name a storm, and this East Coast blizzard is named Nemo.... really?  I would have expected to meet Nemo off the Great Barrier Reef, but what ever.  With the onset of computer-aided forecasting, the weather peeps apparently have nothing to do, so must name storms.  

Anyhow, Nemo got us plastered last night, here in Beverly, Mass., on the North Shore of Boston.  
Proof that we got plastered, this is the slider to our deck.  
I was able to open the slider just enough to get a peek at the snow.... there's a lot of it.  
Before Dave started to clean up, he found a spot that he thought reflected the real snow fall amount.
Some areas have 10' drifts, and in other areas you can see the grass.
The storm is not over here on the coast, it is blowing and snowing and will for a while yet.
My main man, with his two sled dogs.  :)  The dogs are a bit perturbed that they cannot
blast out the deck door into "their" yard.  Not to worry, at some point the main man
will snowblow his way to the back yard, where he will carve a "poop loop" and a path to
the doors.
We have power, we have heat, we have chocolate.  I awoke this morning to the aroma of bacon cooking, a once a year treat around here!  We are planning a Downtown Abbey Marathon this afternoon.  Life is good for us here, I know that is not the case for many on the South Shore of Boston, who are right now facing an astronomically high tide and are evacuating.  Let's hold them in our thoughts and prayers.  

On a warm note, this week Dave and I entered an agreement to buy a house on a lake in New Hampshire.... but that story is for another day.  

4 comments:

  1. Angela, so glad to hear your area is OK. You have all the necessities, and then some with chocolate. Our daughter is in Cambridge and also OK. The south shore folks will hopefully return soon to things intact. So you will have a place on a NH lake? A second place or full time? Either way sounds lovely. I'll watch for updates on that. In the meantime, stay tuned for Orko, the next winter storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing well! How much stitching have you accomplished? So wish I could have been there to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you survived Nemo in one piece! We were supposed to get 8 to 14 inches. Schools closed at noon ahead of the storm (just sleeting then). It stayed sleet for most of the day and finally turned to snow after dinner. We ended up with 7 inches, not to bad. Heading up to the camper today for an hour just to make sure all is ok. I can't wait to hear all about the lake house (a dream of mine to). Stay warm and safe my friend!
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot imagine getting this much snow...seen the post above and didn't take time to comment. Trying to head back to my sewing but pausing a minute.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.