"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, February 4, 2013

Cats

The cats spent the morning in the sewing room with me, and so I snapped a couple of photos.  They are so lovely, and are so dear to me.  
My Reesie kitten, rescued at Cape Ann Aniimal Aid.  She is 100% my girl.


Poppy Kitten, rescued in California by our daughter Anna.  She is a wild sweetheart.  That she has green eyes
tells us that she has quite a bit of Bombay cat in her lineage and I have been told that these tuxedo cats
with green eyes, as opposed to the usual gold or yellow, are highly sought after.   Poppy displays many
of the personality traits of a Bombay... which makes me wonder why they are treasured.  She is fiercely
independent, even more so than the usual cat, and is very territorial.  Along with those traits, though,
she is hysterically vocal and very loving and dear.  She is very brave, which is one of the Bombay cats'
most popular traits, and plays full tilt with our two 20 pound dogs, outwitting them every time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.