"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

AN IMPORTANT RECIPE FOR PET OWNERS

If you have one of these
and it meets up with one of these
then you need this recipe:


one quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide, one quarter cup of baking soda, 1 tsp of liquid dish soap.  Mix and immediately apply to the dear dog.  Rinse thoroughly.  Keep out of eyes and ears.  


This came to mind because the above-pictured dog got skunked last night, and although we had this all important recipe hanging on the fridge, we did not have the ingredients on hand.  Luckily, I had gotten hold of her immediately after she got skunked and most of the offending stuff wiped onto my nightie.  Perfecto.  A good bath with Sulfadene and she was de-skunked well enough, although I think a damp day may bring out residual odor.  


Today we went and picked up A LOT of the ingredients and have them shelved and ready for action, and we hope that means we will not need them.  



2 comments:

  1. oh yuck..........does that bring back memories...a few years ago, my dog got skunked..of course, it was on a morning that I babysat away from home.....had to be there at 7:30....not a good morning! I MUST copy this info down.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your poor sweet pup! That recipe sounds good. I had recently heard that tomato juice doesn't really work. I will save it for my sister and her yellow lab Libby.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.