"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

IN THE SEWING ROOM

It's been a while since I have blogged about what's going on in my sewing room.  My time has not been spent entirely on tending to the critters, I have gotten things done in the sewing room.  It just feels as if it's been wild here for weeks on end and my mind has been quite scattered as a result.  


First, here's three quilts I have finally finished, hanging in the sewing room closet.  These will be going off to the long-armer over the weekend.  The two matching are for cousin Linda in PA and her daughter Kaylee, and the other is for a great grand child of another PA cousin.  




Yup, this is my sewing room closet.  It's a disaster and I like it that way, I actually know where everything is.  I took the doors off of it a couple years back and have lots of room and shelving in there.  


Now that these three quilts are done, I have returned to the quilt for me and Dave, a Bear's Paw design.  I had set it aside six months ago and am so glad to be returning to it.  Nice to be focused on one quilt at a time.  


I absolutely love this quilt and am making it from a picture of a quilt I found online, without a pattern.  My wonderful quilting teacher, Rhonda, has made periodic visits to make the pattern for me.  She is brilliant.  My design wall is a bit of a wreck from Poppy kitten using it as a climbing wall.  I need to get the staple gun out and staple Poppy to a wall in the basement repair the damage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.