"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A VERY SPECIAL PRAYER SHAWL

I am always knitting, you all know that already.  This winter I've knit a few things for myself, stepping out of my baby afghan box for a bit.

Right now I'm knitting myself a shawl and it is lovely.  Originally, I was making this shawl to wrap myself in during some medication infusions starting in April, but that idea has changed so now I'm knitting just for fun and style.

I am using Classic Elite Yarn's Wool Bam Boo (50% wool/50% bamboo) yarn and it is probably the most luxurious yarn I've ever indulged in.  The color in the photos isn't quite right, the color is a deep rust.
I love to knit, and am always amazed at the patterns that can be made by knitting, purling and counting.  This pattern made me a little nuts as I got it established, but now I've got rows memorized and am buzzing along.  The finished shawl will be around 5 feet, for a good double wrap.
It pays to be a yarn snob, as here is an item that will feel fantastic and will last for years and years to come.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.