"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, January 22, 2012

KNITTING

It's knitting season here, as I put away my Cross Stitch work in the winter when the light is too dim for my eyes.  And, winter in New England and knitting just belong together.  Usually I'm always knitting baby afghans for gifts and for Church Baptisms, but I've wandered off that path a bit and have knit a few things for myself.  
 Aren't these lovely scarves?  They were great fun to make, and I loved working with the yarns, the blue is Cascade Cloud, a Peruvian wool woven yarn, and the red is Cascade 220 Sport.  I also made a tam to go with the red scarf but the pompom isn't on it yet and the paw in the corner of the picture knocked it off the table just as I snapped the photo.  The cats love to knit as much as they like to sew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.