"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, January 22, 2012

A BIRTHDAY QUILT FOR ME!

It's been a while since I've updated, so there's a bit of catching up to do.  Not as much as there should be, as over the holidays I enjoyed time with our family, with little hiding out in the sewing room.  Now every one has gone back to college, I'm back at it.  

I got a new camera for Christmas and today is the first chance I've had to really use it, and it's great!  Especially since on this one I don't have to duct tape the battery door shut, like I did after dropping my previous camera.  Now I'm careful to put the wrist strap on when I hold the camera, as my hands like to drop things.  

First I want to share with you the fantastic quilt my sister Christine made for me:

 Isn't it absolutely fabulous?  I love it is made out of "my colors" and fits in pretty much any room in my home.  And, what fun it is to have a quilt made for me!  Christine does extraordinary work, and it's fun because she and I make very differently styled quilts.  I love the fabrics and designs she works with and she says she loves mine too.  One of these days I'll have to get one of my quilts into her home.  

While I'm showing off the quilt (and my messy bedroom), I'll show you what's under the quilt

 Last weekend the family renting the home across the street were moving out and after they left there was a good sized pile of "recycling" left out front.  This old wooden ironing board was in the pile, and Paul retrieved it for me.  It is in perfect condition and the wood is lovely.  Not sure where it'll end up or what it will be.  For now, it's a place to fold clothes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.