"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, January 22, 2012

A BABY QUILT

Last year I made a Pinwheel Quilt for one of the cousins back in Western, PA, to give as a gift for her new great grand daughter.  Another baby has arrived and so another quilt has been sewn.  I had a bunch of polka dots on hand, so just started sewing and here's what I came up with.  It doesn't photograph well, as some of the blocks are color with white dots and some are white with color dots.  The white background ones don't show up real well.  The fabric hanging to the right of the quilt will be the backing.  
I enjoyed piecing these blocks because it showed me that the best way for me to make a 1/2 square triangle is to cut the two blocks a bit oversized, draw the line across the diagonal, do the 1/4 inch seams on each side and then cut the blocks down to the size I desire.  Any other way and the points just aren't accurate enough for me.   

1 comment:

  1. Angela, this is perfect for a new little one, and I love what you are using for backing. Good for you(!) with figuring out a way to make the HST shortcut work for you. It shows in those great points!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.