"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

THANK YOU MAYZIE GIRL!!!

As you can see here my post about Harley won one of the $100 donations to dog rescue.  $100 goes a long way for a foster dog, and I cannot express in typed words how thankful our rescue is that we won this donation.  

Schnauzer Paws Rescue will use every penny of this donation for care of foster dogs.  Rescues run on a shoe string, where often the Board members are digging in their own pockets to find money to cover the needs of a dog that has been surrendered.  

This donation helps to close those holes in our pockets and keep us running, as we rescue and re-home one dog at a time.  Without donations, we'd be done and gone.  Instead, we keep running on our shoe string, and have rescued and re-homed over 70 dogs in the 3 years we have been in existence. 

All of this was started by Co-Directors Shelly and Denise, who with a lot of devotion and insanity, decided to step up and do what needed to be done.  They found me when I adopted my Cassy Girl from Denise's home.  Now there's the three of us, in it up to our necks, doing what we do. 

Thank you Mayzie Girl!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. You are super duper welcome, Miss Angela! I'm wiggling and waggling all over that we can do something to helps the doggies at your rescue!

    Big, HUGE congratulations!

    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.