"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, September 19, 2011

TURKEY ON THE FENCE

We've had a male turkey hanging around our yard, coming in for a drink from our waterfall and bath in our pond.  I've been trying to shoot the gobbler (with a camera, that is) for weeks, and finally got him this morning.  He was standing on our fence preening after a bath, and every once in a while he fanned his lovely tail feathers.  



Isn't he simply grand?  I'm not sure how long he'll stick around our area, as there's no girls around here for him.  They are all on the other side of town, I hope he can get to them!




2 comments:

  1. He is really cool. We get them here to but Ihaven't seen one yet this season.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.