"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, September 5, 2011

MONDAY UPDATE ON STITCH ALONG

Well, I'm glad this stitch along is not a competitive sport where a pot of gold is awarded to the winner, because I wouldn't even come close to winning it.  My fellow stitchers can make serious progress in a week.  

Now, in my defense, I have to say that they didn't need to make a Baptismal Quilt last week, and they aren't stitching with numb fingertips (I'm really pulling out all the stops now) and there's other things I had to do but I can't remember them.  

Any how, here's how we are all doing:  

Denise Week 3.  I don't know what she's taking that makes her stitch so fast, but I want some of it. 

Rose Week 3.  Now, this is a bit more like my speed. 

Shari Week 3.  I think she's taking the same stuff as Denise. 

And, here's Mine.  I'm going along at my usual clip.  And, I'm enjoying it!
 It's fun to be stitching together, and I like seeing where I'm headed.  This week we all commented "I'm running out of the color for the letters."  I know I had bought only one skein, and that's just about gone.  Don't know about the others.  

It's just another fun thing to do in cyber space.  

2 comments:

  1. Good pain meds my friend - good pain meds! They make the world slow down and the needle speed up. Sorry to hear about the numb fingers - I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I am so glad we met, and that I now have your blog to follow! You are very funny! I got a kick out of your comments on the work of others that you felt was 'over the top'. I know the feeling! But what I tell myself is we must take some time to be 'human beings', not always try to be 'human doings'. Works for me! Take care of those numb fingertips. :)

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.