"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, August 29, 2011

SAL (STITCH ALONG) PROGRESS

There are so many things I love about blogging, the most important being the friendships made with women (and men are ok too) with similar interests  

Recently I became friends with Rose, who kindly invited me to join in a Cross Stitch SAL (when invited, I didn't even know what an SAL is).  What a fun idea and great way to make friends and conversation, while staying motivated to keep on working a new piece of work.  So, through Rose, I have made friends with Denise and Shari, who organized this get together.  

Each Monday we will post our progress.  I missed week one, as I had a fabric change of heart and had to wait for the new fabric to arrive.  

Here's everyone's progress Week Two:

  
DENISE WEEK TWO
ROSE WEEK TWO

SHARI WEEK TWO.  I THINK SHE MIGHT BE A REALLY FAST STITCHER.  

AND, HERE'S MINE, WEEK TWO, BUT REALLY WEEK ONE FOR ME
HERE'S THE PICTURE OF THE COMPLETED PROJECT. 
So, I think this is great fun.  We are all using different types of cloth (I'm on 18 count Sterling Aida), having started on linen and deciding that was no longer an option or fun.  And, as you can see, two of us are middle starters and two are top starters.  I wouldn't even know how to start at the top, I suppose that sounds a bit silly.  

Hope you'll watch our progress as the weeks go by.  I suspect Shari will finish 10 projects in the time it takes me to finish this one!

1 comment:

  1. hey Angela! Yes, I am a fast stitcher, or so I am told...but, when you have an empty nest & dont' work outside the home, I guess you have more time to stitch!!
    Keep up the great work everyone! They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.