"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, June 23, 2011

THEY DO CANOE

Following up on the post concerning my younger days and the Allagash Wilderness Waterway in Maine, I've gotten a few pictures from this year's trip.  

Here's a picture of some of the group at one of the finer dining facilities along the Waterway:
 
Paul is third from the front on the left.  One of the greatest things about dining on the Waterway is that you will pretty much eat ANYTHING after paddling for 8-10 hours a day.  It takes the pickiness out of a lot of eaters.  This looks like a crew that would have eaten anything anyways.  

While out adventuring on the Wilderness, the group visited what has been named "Moss Land."  It looks like a place where magic could happen

If you wonder why one would WANT to be on the Allagash, with the bugs and the wilderness living, these next two pictures should answer that question



Natural beauty surrounds you along every inch of the river, it makes every blister and bug bite worthwhile.  

I've also received a picture of this year's "Man Thighs" competition.  I didn't ask who won the competition, but I think that Paul (who was a pedicabber in Newport, RI, for a summer) looks like a good contender.  Not sure I'm going to publish that photo, I don't want any swooning among my quilting friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.