"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A QUILT FOR DAVE AND REESIE

My husband has a wonderful man chair in our great room, a brown leather recliner.  He often shares it with Reesie Kitten, who likes to lay across the back, right behind Dave's head.  It looked like a good place for a quilt, and so I made one for them.  
This is the Bennington pattern from Schnibbles Times Two.  At the time I was making it, putting those little snowball corners on, I thought "this is going to be such a wonky mess it'll never come together."  

Luckily, I was wrong.   



As my sister mentioned when she made a quilt or two from this book, if you do exactly as directed, especially the direction of the ironing of the seams, it goes together like buttah.  She was absolutely right about that. 


 I think the swirls and ferns complement the quilt perfectly.  David and Reesie are quite happy with it, and so am I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.