"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, June 17, 2011

HERE'S A BEAR'S PAW BLOCK

Following up on the Quilt for Us post, I have now succeeded in making the block correctly:

 Wow!  It really looks good with the correct fabric choices for the center blocks.  I can tell you, this is a real big exercise for my addled brain, making sure those claws face the right way when I sew them onto the 3.5 inch block.  Of all the things I've lost to MS, I miss my brain the most!  Perhaps if I keep exercising it with projects like this one, it'll return.  There's always hope, right?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The more you make, the easier it will become...

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.