"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, June 16, 2011

CROSS STITCH

In an earlier post, I shared with you an Abstract X stitch I had completed.  Now, it is framed and on the wall, and here it is:

 I absolutely love it.  After it was framed and I was browsing on the web for my next X stitch project, I came across the fact that this abstract is one of a series of three, and wow would the three of them look great hanging on one of my walls side by side.  Well, that ain't going to happen any time soon.  

Instead of tackling one of the other Abstracts, I've given myself a delightful break, working on some red work Christmas scenes.  
 


 These were just plain fun and relaxing, I could make a million of them.  I think I will dry some balsam and make some fragrant little decorative pillows out of these. 

I never can simply sit and watch TV, my hands need to be busy.  Cross stitch and knitting fulfill that need quite nicely. 

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the redwork cross stitch blocks! Boy, they scream, "Make me into a quilt!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your abstract and the redwork. Where did you find the pattern for the redwork?? I love them. New to your blog and really like it. Guess I have a new one to follow!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, perhaps these will end up in a quilt, but they'll have to wait in line.

    Thanks for visiting, Rose, and for your compliment on my blogging world. I've been remiss for a bit, and will try to not let that happen again.

    The redwork patterns were from The Stitchery, where I found them online in the sale section not long after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.