"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, March 10, 2011

FOR A NOOK

Way back in December a neighborhood friend asked if I could make a sleeve for her daughter's Nook.  Of course I can!  I just didn't tell her it wouldn't be until March.  

Now that I've finished Diagonal Madness I got the time to make the sleeve before moving onto one of the small quilts in Schnibbles Times Two.  

I made this sleeve using the same pattern (and fabric!) that I used to make a computer sleeve, shown in an earlier post, for my friend Sue.  In the pattern they give you the math to use to adjust the sleeve to fit any computer or electronic gadget in need of a padded cover and some style. 

I use a pattern from this book
which I absolutely love.  I picked it up on a whim at JoAnn's one day, and I'm glad I did.  It has really neat, easy patterns for lots of bags and totes and sleeves and other neat little ditties.  It's a good book to have on hand for making gifts, as you're sure to find something in it to delight a special someone. 

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty and I love the fabric. It reminds me of yo yo's but I see them in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfect, and so much more attractive than anything commercially available for an e-reader sleeve. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears you have been busy...love the fabric you used for this.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.