"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, March 25, 2011

A FINISHED PROJECT

What the heck is this:  

 This is how I attack a giant X stitch project.  I take the enormous pattern and copy it into sections, and work on the sections bit by bit, crossing off the stitches on the pattern as I stitch them.  And, I end up with this:


Isn't it lovely?  I'd never seen an abstract X stitch before and so when I found it in The Stitchery, I just had to do it.  It contains all of the colors of my home, and so can go in many different spots.  I need to wash it and press it and get it over to be framed.  I'm thrilled with the results and that I actually finished it!  I was motivated by my friend Sue, who in an amazing act of kindness tackled a Geisha X Stitch for a friend who was in over her head.  You'll have to hop over to Sue's blog and look at that Geisha, it is ridiculously beautiful and what a piece of work it is. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this a few minutes ago..but I did. I love it....I have never seen an abstract cross-stitch either.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.