"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, February 5, 2011

SCENES FROM A SUNNY WINTRY DAY

Like I said in an earlier post, "we live in New England, it snows here."  Never has that statement been more true than this year, we've gotten 70 or more inches of snow thus far, and it's only early February.  



As you can see, we didn't get our Christmas decorations down before the first storm.  


Our daughter's car, frozen in place until April, I think. 

Every year the city sends by a front end loader and makes that 30 foot pile at the base of the street, I have no idea why.  And, of course, there was a young child enjoying it.  The mom in me wanted to yell out "you're going to slide down and get mushed by a car!" but I controlled myself. 

A lovely Christmas card photo for next year. 

1 comment:

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.