"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A HUGE ICICLE!

The landscape in New England is fabulous this winter, with storm after storm after storm keeping everything fresh and white.  It's also producing some amazing icicles.  I always thought that icicles formed on only poorly insulated houses, so I guess that means every house in New England is poorly insulated, because every house has icicles.  And, some of them are fantastic!

Dave had to dislodge one that went from our gutter to the canopy over our heat pumps, threatening to collapse the entire assembly.  

Here it is, one heck of an icicle.  Wish I owned a big enough freezer to store it to keep for the summer, I could lay it down on the lawn and stretch out on it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.