"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, January 27, 2011

DID I TELL YOU MY HUSBAND LOVES TO SKI?

In spite of blowing an aortic aneurysm in 2003, Dave bravely forges on with the typical lack of wisdom demonstrated by most men throughout their lives.  He is on Coumadin, this also doesn't stop him.  

Last weekend while skiing through the glades at Stowe Mountain in Vermont, he bashed the back of his hand on a tree.  I'm so glad I don't ski anymore, I'd go mental to see him flying through the glades with total abandon.  

I should have taken this picture a couple of days ago, it was a much better scene then.  But, here it is, you get the general idea.  

That is the remnants of the bruising, not a sun tan. 

2 comments:

  1. HE is CRAZY! he's also sweet and sensitive, but a nut nut nut. I'm surprised he didn't try to hide that hand! Actually, he was proud of it wasn't he? Men.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.