"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A RAINY SUNDAY IN NEW ENGLAND

It is a rainy and raw day here in New England, and we've spent the day relaxing, puttering, and enjoying a pot of chili.  

Some of us relaxed more than others did


That's what a pellet stove will do to you

This spot in front of the stove used to belong to Princess Misty, but since Reesie now weighs twice as much as Misty does, it looks like ownership has changed hands.  

So, poor little Misty, she has to sit on my lap, she looks like it's agreeing with her well enough

 As for Miss Cassy, she's staying out of all of this and sticks with her thick blanket on the couch.  She did rise from that for dinner, but managed to stick her tongue at me as I pointed the camera at her.  I'm sure she was wondering why I was shooting pictures when dinner was due.  

 As you can see, none of this post involves how much progress I'm making in the sewing room.  Not all weeks are productive ones, that's for sure, and I feel distracted right now and can't get myself to sit for very long at the machine.  In spite of that, I am nearly done with the baby quilt and will soon move onto a couple of Christmas presents.  Others are running around mad and wild during the holidays, I'm relaxing... perhaps too much.  

2 comments:

  1. I need to relax. It's finals week at work which is chaos and we had the boys overnight Friday night and Carter was sick to his stomach-in the bed-at 2 in the morning. I got to watch Bolt with him until 4 in the morning. What fun! I need a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can give you lessons on how to be so relaxed you don't even realize it's the holidays.... but I can't do that if you have a toddler puking at 2 a.m.

    ReplyDelete

Some day, I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one, I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done. I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.